Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Game 5 and the hotdog stand

If you missed Sunday night’s matchup with the Spurs battling it out with the Mavs then you missed one heck of an old school NBA game. Of course some of us want to beat up the teams and players for their intensity and passion that resulted in flagrant fouls and near fights, but come on people, this is what happens when you play to win and not just for the money alone, and in my opinion it doesn’t happen enough. These multi-million dollar players just don’t give a darn like they use to and I am almost to the point where I don’t even want to watch it. What’s really starting to piss me off is that their “play for the money” attitudes are starting to slowly trickle down into the college basketball world and that cannot happen! That is why Sunday night’s game was fun and entertaining for me to see. I’m not saying its okay to take someone’s head off as they go to the rack, I’m just saying that’s what happens when you are overcome with intensity and passion for the game and I hope to see more of it in tonight’s game in Dallas.

While the Mavs try and keep the Spurs from knocking them out of the first round of the playoffs for the third time in 4 years, I’m sure the Spurs will be trying to give Mr. Cuban more reason to hate them.

No matter what happens tonight, I just want to see another old school NBA game, and if that means Tim Duncan going into the stands and beating up your momma then so be it. But for the love of the game, I want to see these players want it!!! Go after every loose ball, get in someone’s face, play “in your shorts” and “follow him to the hot dog stand” defense. All I want is for them to show passion and desire to beat the other team. Is that too much?!

Final score:
Spurs 96, Mavs 103

Stephen Bethea aka “Dr. Smack” – Rivalry Rage, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment